sábado, 4 de junho de 2016

Getting started

Atacama desert... That's the place where the pic that introduces this blog was taken. Once me and my wife arrived in Calama airport, north Chile, I've chosen to buy two tickets and get a transfer to San Pedro de Atacama, far 100 km from Calama's airport. In that moment, I assumed that being without car and depending on turistic rides would be nicer and cheaper than taking a car in the airport.

When I took that decision, I thought it would be hard to find the turistic places. But, for my surprise (and it was good), all the visitation places are very well signaled. As I was not with a car, I would pay a lot of money to hire the rides from turistic companies. In addition to prices, it would be boring due to the fact that we would have to be stucked to turistic companies' schedule.

Well, after trying a lot, I've got a car in San Pedro de Atacama. It was very hard to find out this vehicle, in spite of the existence of a car rental in the city.

If I can advise something: if you go to Atacama desert by airplan, rent a car in Calama's airport. Use the interner to get a reservation at Hertz or Europcar.

I did this travel in Feb. 2016.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário